Now Providing Services in Tasmania - Learn More

Resources For Our Clients

On this page, clients of I Can Jump Puddles can access important information and policies about the supports and services we provide.


National Standards for Disability Services (Overview)

How to Make a Complaint (Easy Read)

National Standards for Disability Services (Easy Read)

What is a Conflict? (Easy Read)

NDIS Guide to Service Agreements (Easy Read)

Your Right to Privacy (Easy Read)


Advocacy Policy

Complaints Management Procedure

Decision Making and Consent Policy

Incident Management Policy

Participant Rights Policy

Resolving Conflicts of Interest Procedure

Cancellations Policy

Conflict of Interest Policy

Emergency & Disaster Management Policy

Incident Management Procedure

Privacy and Confidentiality Policy

Transportation of Clients Policy

Complaints Management Policy


ICJP Billing Guide

NDIS Code of Conduct

Referrals Policy

NDIS Commission

National Disability Advocacy Finder

Release Form


What is the NDIS and how does it work?

The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a single, National program that funds reasonable and necessary support to help people with a disability or children with developmental delay reach their goals.

Each participant in the scheme has an NDIS plan, which details their goals, the supports needed to achieve them, and the funding allocated in each area. This plan is reviewed periodically and adjusted as needed.

Am I eligible to access the NDIS?

The NDIS is open to all Australian citizens or permanent residents aged 7 – 65, who have a permanent and significant disability.

Children aged 0 – 6 may be able to access support through Early Childhood Early Intervention if the child has a developmental delay or diagnosed disability. The ECEI approach supports families to help children develop the skills they need to take part in daily activities and achieve the best possible outcomes throughout their life.

Check the NDIS eligibility tool to see whether you are eligible and find out more about how to commence an application.

What supports do I Can Jump Puddles offer?

I Can Jump Puddles provides a range of services for children, youth and adults. We are a registered NDIS provider for:

Our website provides further information about each of these services and the approach we take. If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us to register your details.

What are “reasonable and necessary” supports?

The NDIS will only fund “reasonable and necessary” supports that help the child/participant reach their NDIS goals.

Reasonable and necessary support must be:

  • related to your disability
  • value for money
  • likely to work and benefit the participant
  • based on evidence.

It does not include day to day living costs that aren’t related to your disability support needs.

How will my plan be managed?

You can choose how your NDIS plan funding will be managed. There are different options, including:

  • Complete self-management
  • Engaging a plan management provider
  • Managed through the NDIA
  • A combination of the above methods
What if I’m not happy about my plan?

If you are unhappy with the plan approved by the NDIS, you can ask for a review. A senior NDIA staff member will review the plan based on the information you’ve provided. Hopefully this will resolve any issues.

However, if you are unhappy with the outcome of the NDIA review, you can apply for an external review by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.

Can I choose service providers?

Yes. The NDIS aims to give choice and control to participants to select the services they receive. You can also decide to change providers if needed.

If the NDIA is managing your funding, you will need to choose a registered NDIS provider, such as I Can Jump Puddles.

If you are self managing your plan or using a registered plan management provider, you can use any service provider. Note that if a provider is not registered, you may need to consider the quality, risks, safeguards and potential additional costs of that provider.

What can I do if I’m unhappy about the support I receive?

If you aren’t happy with the support you are receiving from one of your service providers, including I Can Jump Puddles, please contact the organisation directly.

All NDIS registered providers must have complaints management procedures in place – so your feedback will be acknowledged, investigated and resolved without adversely affecting you or the services you receive.

If you are unhappy with the response from the organisation, you can contact the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission and lodge a formal complaint.

What if I am not eligible for the NDIS?

If you don’t meet the access requirements for the NDIS, you can still get lots of information about other support that could benefit you. The NDIS can also help you with referrals.

For people who have been recently diagnosed with a neuromuscular condition, I Can Jump Puddles can also provide assistance in navigating entry to the NDIS. Contact us for more information.


If you or your family would like to seek an independent advocate to work with, try searching the National Disability Advocacy Finder.

Alternatively, you may wish to contact the following organisations directly:

Disability Rights Advocacy Service

Mile End, SA
Phone: 8351 9500

Independent Advocacy SA Inc.

Adelaide, SA
Phone: 8232 6200

Riverland Advocacy Service

Berri, SA
Phone: 8582 242

Citizen Advocacy SA Inc.

Adelaide, SA
Phone: 8410 6644

Brain Injury SA

Adelaide, SA
Phone: 8217 7600

Other Support Services

For children, youth and parents

Kids Help Line

1800 551 800
24/7 telephone counselling for children and young people


Parenting SA

Resources and support for parents



Support for young people

Australian Childhood Foundation

Resources and information for parents


Early intervention mental health services for 12-25 year olds

Metropolitan Youth Health

Clinical health service for 12-25 year olds

Young Adult Health and Wellbeing

Resources to support young people

Charter of Rights

Outlines the rights of children and young people under guardianship

For adults needing extra support


13 11 14
24/7 telephone counselling



Free self help online program of cognitive behaviour therapy


Mental Health Services

13 14 65
24/7 assessment and intervention for mental health


Information on anxiety and depression

SA Gov Crisis Helplines

Various services for emergency situations